All officers of the City of Wakefield, whether elected or appointed , either under the laws of the State of Kansas or Ordinances of the City, shall, before entering upon the duties of their respective offices , take and subscribe an oath or affirmation as follows :

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Kansas and faithfully discharge the duties of (here enter the name of the office) so help me God.”

(K.S.A. 54-106; R .O. 1965, Sec. 1-401)

All officers and employees required by Section 1-401 of this Article to take and subscribe or sign an oath or affirmation shall be supplied the necessary forms for the purpose at the expense of the City and upon taking or subscribing or signing any such oath or affirmation, the same shall be filed in the office of the City Clerk.

(R.O. 1965, Sec. 1-403)

The following City officers shall each, before entering upon the duties of his office, give a good and sufficient surety company bond or personal bond to the City of Wakefield, Kansas, which shall be approved by the Governing Body before the officer shall begin the performance of his or her duties. The bond shall be in the following amount:

(a)   City Treasurer--$1,000

(b)   City Clerk--$ NONE

(c)   Treasurer, Firemen’s Relief Association-$ NONE

(d)   Municipal Judge--$ NONE

All other officers shall give bonds in such sums as now are or may hereinafter be prescribed by the laws of the State of Kansas, or by the Ordinances of this City.

(R.O. 1965, Sec. 1-404)

Each of the bonds required by Section 1-403 shall be conditioned for the faithful performance of duty, and of all acts required by the laws of the State or the ordinances of the City, and for the application and payment over to the proper persons of all monies or property coming into the hands by virtue of his office. All premiums on surety company bonds shall be paid by the City.

(K.S.A. 78-111; R.O. 1965, Sec. 1-405, 1-406)

All bonds given to the City shall be approved as to their form by the City Attorney, and as to surety and sufficiency by the Governing Body, unless otherwise provided by the laws of the State of Kansas. All bonds shall be filed with the City Clerk, except the City Clerk’s bond, which shall be filed with the City Treasurer.

(R.O. 1965, Sec. 1-407 and 1-408)